Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How and When to Sleep

Alright, its not really How-To, but maybe it is....
(looks like I'm going to make this blog as my note book also)

so, I want to wake up for Tahajud and also Subuh.
but if I sleep at 12 or after, then I only have like 2.5 to 3 hours of sleeping time, and, most probably NOT LIKELY to wake up for it.

why? because Subuh starts at 3AM and finish at around 4:40AM.
and it will keep changing from time to time, to as late as 5 or 6AM during winter.

so, to keep pace with this unavoidable change, I have to prepare a flexible sleeping time.

what have come to my mind is, to sleep early.
and sleep as little as possible.

I decided to sleep 4.5 hours before Subuh starts.
that means, if Subuh starts at 3, I have to sleep at 10:30PM.

that means, I will sleep for only 4 hours at night.
Pak Abdullah, one of my friends from Indonesia, is kinda rigid regarding this.
He said, the Japanese have pride for working hard, and probably sleeping a lot less as well.
He said that we as Muslim also can do the same or better.
After all, we have A LOT TO DO.

say Subuh starts at 6AM.
Then maybe I can sleep at 12AM and wake up at 4AM, and do something in the between before Subuh.

then maybe I can finish writing my novel by the end of this year?

looks like a good GREAT idea.

************************************************************

alright, to congrats myself for having such a good GREAT idea, I reward myself with this song :

Send someone to love me
I need to rest in arms
Keep me safe from harm
In pouring rain

Give me endless summer
Lord I fear the cold
Feel I'm getting old
Before my time

As my soul heals the shame
I will grow through this pain
Lord I'm doing all I can
To be a better man

**full lyrics in another post**

No comments: