Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fence, on the Other Side

few years ago, one artists got on stage and maybe spontaneously publicly say something like ' I feel stupid when I speak in Malay'.

of course, people all over Malaysia booed her, criticized her, wants to rip her of her nationality etc

and as usual, I am on the other side of the fence.

and I am anti-crowd as well, so this makes more sense.

it is no secret of me that I love writing my mind in English. I have been writing in my blog in English for the last...10 years? and no, my English is not that good either.

Once I tried to post in Malay. Really, I feel awkward, weird. Kekok.

and no, my Malay is a lot better than average. I even can speak my Kelantan slang fluently.
I never fail to get A for my exam in Malay language subject (asair). I also did a lot of teka silangkata / crossword puzzle, and kamus bahasa melayu DBP was one of my close friend. I read more malay books than average.

so why did I choose to write in English anyway?

because I feels like it. kill me.

and I can and will write in Malay any time I want. stay tune. (hah! not like there are readers for this piece of blog!)

and btw, the no.3 in my last post, she is my step-sister from my second stepmother. we rarely meet, so I am very very happy to 'see' her. last year she invited many of us visiting her new house in KL/Sel.

No comments: